Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand - your experience?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was auditioning speakers yesterday and having found the Spendor A5 and B&W somethings too warm I figured I would listen to the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands - just to see what they were like. Wow! Detail, clarity, perfect mid range, and a full rich sound that I found truly engaging for the 30 minutes I was listening to them. Going down to the Mozarts lost a little of the 'fullness' of the sound but I still felt I was listening to a speaker that was in another class to everything else.

Partner kit was my Sony transport and a Cyrus CD8SE connected with digital coaxial to a Cyrus 8xpd QX.

Does anyone have these speakers, what are they like to live with, are you happy with them?

Obviously I will be doing extended auditions and have a lot of saving to do but want to know other peoples experience. Oh, and this was all before I was told that Cyrus use Vienna Acoustics to develop their kit.

Cyrus and VA - a match made in heaven?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
groberton said:
I was auditioning speakers yesterday and having found the Spendor A5 and B&W somethings too warm I figured I would listen to the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands - just to see what they were like. Wow! Detail, clarity, perfect mid range, and a full rich sound that I found truly engaging for the 30 minutes I was listening to them. Going down to the Mozarts lost a little of the 'fullness' of the sound but I still felt I was listening to a speaker that was in another class to everything else.

Partner kit was my Sony transport and a Cyrus CD8SE connected with digital coaxial to a Cyrus 8xpd QX.

Does anyone have these speakers, what are they like to live with, are you happy with them?

Obviously I will be doing extended auditions and have a lot of saving to do but want to know other peoples experience. Oh, and this was all before I was told that Cyrus use Vienna Acoustics to develop their kit.

If look down this thread to the OP that is leaving, he uses Vienna Mozarts etc, I took a lok yesterday and they do look stunning

Gerrardasnails is his forum name, see if he will get back to you

John Duncan

groberton said:

fingerboard.jpg

I liked the Haydn Grand when I heard them recently on the end of some Roksan, and they're beautifully made, but F&D is right - gerrardasnails is your man.

Warren! Warren! Come back!

manicm

groberton said:
Oh, and this was all before I was told that Cyrus use Vienna Acoustics to develop their kit.

If you go to the Cyrus site they recommend Vienna Acoustics speakers. Maybe they share the same distributor, but they do look tasty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts