video senders. a question?

avnut

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I have an L shaped kitchen and would like two screens,as the second would always be on the same channel and i dont want wires everywhere thought a video sender would be ideal.can someone recommend a good one or should i try an internal portable tv areial?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I used to use a philips one to send my sky signal to a bedroom tv. It worked quite well when the doors were shut and on a CRT portable (composite video) but when I bought an LCD it looked awful. It was also prone to interference from phones, microwaves and central heating boilers kicking in. I gave it away in the end. You cannot beat a properly installed aerial I'm afraid. You might get away with a portable indoor aerial but in my experience they're next to useless with freeview but obviously it depends on where you are and how good your signal is.

A loftbox distribution system might be an idea. There is a handy leaflet on wickes site.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
If you get 5.8Ghz video sender they will avoid interference from microwaves , wireless networks, cordless phones (2.4Ghz) . See Maplins here

I use it to send to the main bedroom after the introduction of Wireless network and PS3 meant my old Philips 2.4 Ghz became unusable , a bit fiddly to setup with inteference when you walk in front of it but this can be resolved by pointing dish antenna up at ceiling or even in opposite direction of sender

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i got a "one 4 all" one, to send from my sky box in front bedroom to my tv in back bedroom(about 8mtrs)and i cant say it works great picture is poor wich i could put up with as its only for the bedroom but then its got a white band that shoots up and down the screen and makes a really bad hissing sound.to be fair after about 10 mins of this i just used the freeview and havent tried it again since so maybe it could be inproved but first impresions not great,my sling box works much better dont no if thats an option.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
nodnarb4444:i got a "one 4 all" one, to send from my sky box in front bedroom to my tv in back bedroom(about 8mtrs)and i cant say it works great picture is poor wich i could put up with as its only for the bedroom but then its got a white band that shoots up and down the screen and makes a really bad hissing sound.to be fair after about 10 mins of this i just used the freeview and havent tried it again since so maybe it could be inproved but first impresions not great,my sling box works much better dont no if thats an option.

Thats interference caused by another wireless devive operating at 2.4Ghz.you possibly could improve by tring the different cnannels but really thats why I recommended the OP to 5.8Ghz senders.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i was not aware you could get diffrent options im sure if you get them working there great its a shame as i think mine was about £60 but i love my sling box now it gives me alot more options(even if the footballs on and i need a cig just grab the laptop of to the garden and i dont miss a thing).

but one good thing i dont buy anything now without posting on here for advice first i would hate to think how much kit ive brought only to find out its not what i wanted.always seems to be someone who can help out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts