Van Den Hul CS122 Speaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for speaker cable to bi-amp a pair of Monitor Audio RS6's from a Denon AVR-4306 and also bi-wire an RSLCR. I've looked at QED Silver Anniversary and Chord Rumour but in Australia they seem expensive and the VDH is comparably good value at ther retailer I bought my speakers and CD player from. I'm waiting on delivery of a Cambridge Audio 740c CD player so I'll need an interconnect too. Worth getting a one matched from VDH matched to the speaker cables? Can anyone suggest a model.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, it's a perfectly good cable and the price advantage would certainly seem to work in its favour. No need to buy a matching interconnect if you don't want, but if you did, I'd suggest The Bay or The Name. (Those crazy Dutch, huh?)

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew. The local VDH distributor suggested 'The Source' or 'The Thundertone' ($$$) but I see that pretty much all of their ic's get 5 stars in the guide. I've also since found a dealer with a more sensible attitude to Chord so I feel like I'm getting somewhere now - have put a query to the cable doctor and it will probably come down to either the CS122 (or t-trac as they call the 4x version) vs. Chord Rumour 2 biwire.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes they tend to do well. I think The Source or the Thunderbirdsarego would be overkill in the context of the player you're buying and the amplification to be used.

A

Anonymous

Finally made a decision and plumped for the Tea Track (sounds like a day out on British Rail) and my dealer offered me a discount I couldnt refuse so I also ended up with The Thunderline i/c, which the Aussie VDH distributor assures me will not disappoint so I'll let you know if its worth it after a few weeks of letting it all settle in.

TRENDING THREADS