V-MODA Wireless Around-Ear Bluetooth Stereo Headphone review.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Personally not a fan of wireless cans but I haven't heard any that worked as well as wired ones with a decent amp. Usually the bass falls behind, as you pointed out in the review.

Thumbs up.
thumbs_up.gif

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Personally not a fan of wireless cans but I haven't heard any that worked as well as wired ones with a decent amp. Usually the bass falls behind, as you pointed out in the review.

Thumbs up.

Thanks - I noted your comments about reviews elsewhere, and I was thinking of that when I rolled through the 30 Amazon U.S. reviews for the Wireless. Most of them are "Hey it's great" etc., a few have quite a lot of detail and "It's really great", and then there are the ones who noted a 'hollow' sound or a big difference between passive mode and wireless mode. For one person I suggested they send it back, but who knows whether these things are all meeting spec? I did buy 4 different M100's from different dealers over a 2-year period, and all were the same sound, same build etc., but many of the reviews complained about bad sound and build quality, and a few even said that their replacements were faulty, even to 2 or 3 subsequent replacements. So I got the feeling that maybe some of those user reviews may have been from, ummm, competitors or something.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If the connection is via Bluetooth, it's important that the receiver in the V-Moda is 4.0 capable, as well as the transmiter. If you have streaming in 4.0 Apt-X, the sound will be on par with uncompressed wi-fi or standard cable line. If the BT is not 4.0, then by default streaming will be in 128kbps, which is noticable decline in sound quality.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just checked their website. It's not Apt-X, but a CSR Blue Core with AAC+ compression. In theory it should sound virtually indistinguishable to untrained listeners from standard flac played via cable. But it depends on implementation.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Just checked their website. It's not Apt-X, but a CSR Blue Core with AAC+ compression. In theory it should sound virtually indistinguishable to untrained listeners from standard flac played via cable. But it depends on implementation.

My experience with it, given the headphone design is not to be "neutral audiophile", is that the difference is unimportant for the application. I ran my final checks with 16 EDM-related tunes, and found it's a tremendously fun experience with good reproduction for that music, but if my main app was quiet home listening to jazz, classical, acoustic etc., I'd either EQ it carefully or choose something else.

TRENDING THREADS