Using a Arcam irDAC with Marantz CD6005 with Arcam A19 or directly connecting CD6005 with the Arcam A 19.

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I was wondering whether adding a Arcam Ir Dac with Marantz CD 6005 will make the source better than using CD 6005's in bulit DAC. I mean i always read the system build up from the magazine. there is always a cdp and an amp. a dac is only used when connecting with a computer or digital device...

So will adding a Arcam Ir DAC between my CD 6005 and Arcam A19 will make a difference. or CD 6005 can justify an equally good performance.

Kindly help and suggest.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The total cost of an irDAC + Marantz CD6005 would be about £750. If you don't need the irDAC for any other purpose, then it's probably worth looking at CD players up to £750 instead. (The Arcam CD17 is £650 and will match your A19's casework.)

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Atishaysigh,

As good as the Marantz CD player is, it is obviously built to a price, to include the internal DAC, for a specified amount within the build price, set by Marantz.

By comparing a dedicated off board DAC such as the IrDAC, (and using the Marantz as a CD Transport, you should find that there is a significant improvement in sound quality.

Having said that, if you could stretch to something like an Audiolab 8200 CD (with a built in high quality DAC) this would give you the best of both worlds :)

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards

Nick

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both of you... you guys have got it right... i already have a B&W 683 paired to an Arcam A 19.

now i am looking to buy a CDP... or a dac

There is one issue... Audiolab is not available in india.

Also would like to ask would the audio lab work like a seperate dac for compuer stored files the way an Arcam irdac would do.

Arcam CD player is not well rated and marantz is kind of a champ. compromise asthetically may be yes...

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
In fact, the product's designer describes the 8200CD as a high-quality DAC with a built-in disc drive, and while that might sound like an odd way of looking at it, the player's performance bears the claim out: a WAV file fed from a laptop sounds very close to the same track played from CD.

Indeed, you'd have to spend a good few hundred pounds on a standalone DAC of similar quality

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I believe that the 8200CD player will work in India, so you shouldn't have any worries about that. We keep these in stock, as they are a really big seller.

Of course you could also go via the M-DAC which is also an extremely popular DAC Preamp and headphone amplifier all in one, in its own right :)

Hi atishaysingh

You've already got a good quality source. I think that in the first instance you should look at your amplification exerting better control over the 683 speakers as i feel this should give you a greater gain in performance. You might be able to get hold of a new, demo or used P38 power amplifier within your budget. If so, then use a P38 in conjunction with the A19 to bi amplify the 683's.

Next and back to your original idea I'll suggest that you should also consider Rega's DAC.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts