Usher S520...Whats your thoughts??

jimmy

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Iv been offered these speakers to me $300....even tho iv never heard them for auditioning will it be worth purchasing? As iv seen on the internet there are some really good reviews about this product...

Has anyone had any experiance with this speaker, and whats your thoughts

Cheers

Jimmy

jimmy said:
Iv been offered these speakers to me $300....even tho iv never heard them for auditioning will it be worth purchasing? As iv seen on the internet there are some really good reviews about this product...

Has anyone had any experiance with this speaker, and whats your thoughts

Cheers

Jimmy

Wonderful speakers for the money. Heard them a few years ago with Arcam A18 & CD17 and they still remain one of the best speakers I've heard in their price bracket.

Great speakers for the money ads PP says. I've heard them in a Primare set-up and they are very good.

What HiFi didn't like them very much (3 star) but I think they were wrong (along with just about every other publication that reviewed them :)

I think they are about £399 sterling here in the UK so if you can get them for 300 bucks go ahead, I don't think you will be disappointed.

jimmy

May 13, 2015
Visit site
ok now im getting very confident in this product :)...iv also heard that its very close to Proac 1sc design. Im planning to run these speakers with my svs pb2000, has anyone experiance these speakers intregarted with a sub? all im guessing it should sound very nice

Does anyone no wat kind of Tweeter and woofer they are using in these speakers??

Usher use their own One inch silk dome tweeter and five inch polypropyline mid / bass unit.

You might be interested to know Usher made their own bass modules to partner these speakers.

For more information suggest you Google 'Usher S520@ and then read the 6moons audio review of them.

jimmy

May 13, 2015
Visit site
ok i did end up buying these speakers...and i tell you wat i was very very impressed, and cannot believe the sound, for $300 i may even buy another lol as a spare.

i also bought a sub to play the lower hz and the dynamics is incredible..

Highly reccommended

jimmy

record_spot

Hi Fi World raved about them from memory. WHF were lukewarm. They were £320 on release I think but your $300 is around £200 or so. If they're in great shape then they might be worth a punt.

By the same token, they might not be your thing either. I'd do a stack of reading up from owner reviews and the like to get a bit more of a feel for them if you can't audition then decide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts