Use for an old iPad as an audio device

iMark

We still have an original iPad from 2010 in the house. It can't be upgraded beyond iOS 5.1.1 and it doesn't have a camera. But it sitll runs Spotify. Yesterday we took it to a party loaded with playlists that we downloaded and just plugged it into soundsystem. At home we can use to stream Spotify to the Airport Express connected to our soundsystem.

Another thing that it does is plugging into the soundsystem of our car through the dock connector. The only thing is that it doesn't charge from the connector.

A third use is that you can use it as a remote control for your iTunes library.

So my advice for owners of an original iPad is to use them as an audio device if they're no longer very useful for other purposes.

jjbomber

iMark said:
So my advice for owners of an original iPad is to use them as an audio device if they're no longer very useful for other purposes.
I've got a new ipad PRO. How do I get digital files on and off the device? I don't want any rip off accessories from Cr-Apple.

Thanks.

iMark

jjbomber said:
I've got a new ipad PRO. How do I get digital files on and off the device? I don't want any rip off accessories from Cr-Apple.

You could try to use the USB-Lightning cable that came with your iPad and plug it into a Mac or PC and sync it through iTunes. An alternative is to do this through iCloud.

jjbomber

iMark said:
jjbomber said:

You could try to use the USB-Lightning cable that came with your iPad and plug it into a Mac or PC and sync it through iTunes. An alternative is to do this through iCloud.

OK thanks I'll try that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts