USB video playback BLURAY

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to find the right bluray player, a number of the entry level models have front entry USB ports, I would like to know if these models have playback for DivX and AVI files, the same way as a playstation3 or Xbox360 offers.

Do these models have this ability?

Sony BDPS560 (this model has wifi, for streming network content, does it do this for films or only photos)

Phillips BDP 7300/05

Panasonic DMP BD80K

I would really appreciate any help as this function is not specified in most tech sheets.

Are there any other models which offer this?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

the lgbd390 is the most media capable , it will play almost any file , whfi are waiting for a review sample from lg , other reviewers have rated it highly , it merits a look id say , i dont think any of the other players you mentioned play hd files , divx maybe , the sonys usb port is only for memory of bd live , you cant play files on it , it may stream movies , but that doesnt always work smoothly , i tried it with a ps3 and it was hit and miss....

A

Anonymous

Best be careful with bd players and their usb ports. I believe most of them only recognise fat32 partitions ( as with the ps3's) and do not recognise anything on NTFS.

So you can only have files of 4gb (fat32 restriction) and below, regardless of the file type.

Which is a shame as a lot of the mkv files for hi def films are definitely larger than 4gb.

I know all the Samsung bd players can read from their usb ports provided they are formatted in fat32, as i spent one afternoon trying them out in currys. Samsung TVs see the NTFS formats but none of their BD players.

A

Anonymous

well you can split the file into 4gb parts using tsmuxer.and make a usb avchd movie that will alow you to play any sized file from usb,

TRENDING THREADS