admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not sure which hardware I should let do the upscaling, the Samsung UE32D6530 TV, Sony STR-DH820 AV or the Panasonic DMP-BDT1110. Also how do I turn on/off the scaling on these hardware. One more thing, what is the best settings for the Samsung TV, should I turn on/off the motion setting etc. Any help or advice will be welcome as am new to all this.

1) The Panasonic player, being the source, will upscale first. If you set your Panasonic to output 576i, it will not upscale images. The next equipment in line is the AV receiver which will then upscale it. If you set the receiver to "pass through", again it won't partake in upscaling. Then your TV will automatically ave to do the upscaling. As suggested, try all 3 & see what you prefer.

2) Turn off all artificial processing on your Samsung. I was suggested some settings for my Samsung which worked very well for me. I'll find the thread & post the link.

EDIT: Here it is

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/my-thoughts-on-samsung-ue32c6510-tv

A

Anonymous

That for your advise on this, will give it a go. If I set the Panasonic player to 576i and then watched a Blue Ray moive would it still show it in 1080p?

alexmj1 said:
That for your advise on this, will give it a go. If I set the Panasonic player to 576i and then watched a Blue Ray moive would it still show it in 1080p?

The Panasonic will downscale it to 576i, only for the next equipment in the line to upscale it back, resulting in worse performance.

For blu rays, you'll have to change your Panasonic's settings back to 1080p. I know it's a pain, to constantly keep changing settings.

A

Anonymous

I think I'll leave the setting at 1080p. Thanks for the link will try out the setting and see how things go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts