Upscaling DVD player or media player ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an upscaling DVD player for my KDL40X2000 Sony Bravia. I also have a rather old Sony DAV s300 and Sky HD.

I was thinking of going for the Sony DVPNS728H but also considered going for the new Sony media player SMP-U10.

Which one would you recommend? What should I go for?

I am not quite ready for a blue ray player yet and I am in the process of convincing my Wife that a PS3 is the way to go

Thanks in advance

Pedro

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I personally wouldn't buy another DVD player, especially as now you can get a good quality brand name Bluray player for around £130 (BDP-S350 on Amazon). As for the media player, you would need to do some more homework. There are tonnes of players around at the minute e.g. Popcorn Hour, WD TV and so on and nearly all of them have issues. They're a bit of niche (read geeky) product as they require a fair bit of fiddling to get working. I still have a D-Link 320 media player but now use the PS3 for occasional streaming. The AppleTV with XMBC is also worth looking at. The PS3 does the lot so at £250 would be my pick. It's a bargain full stop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts