Upgrading, would like opinion.

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I'm upgrading from the Sony TA-FE370B amp which I've had since I was about 14, running with Mordaunt-Short 902i speakers and thinking of upgrading to Rotel RA-04 amp. Just wondering if you think this would be a good pairing? And if so, does anybody know anywhere that offers a good price for this amp at the moment?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Also, the other amp i was looking at was the Marantz PM6002. Any ideas which out of this and the Rotel would be the better choice with the 902s?

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Cheers for quick reply, I'm almost 20 now, haha, reason I'm looking to upgrade now, trying to get it as bit of birthday/christmas stuff. Sounds like a nice nice amp, little out my price range however. Thanks though! Max of £250 i can work with.

seashell:

Hi,

Cheers for quick reply, I'm almost 20 now, haha, reason I'm looking to upgrade now, trying to get it as bit of birthday/christmas stuff. Sounds like a nice nice amp, little out my price range however. Thanks though! Max of £250 i can work with.

I would keep away from Marantz. I love that brand but not the greatest synergie with M.S. speakers. I would seriously check out Richer Sounds - the ideal amp in your price range and better suited to M.S. is Nad. You can pick one up for less than £200.

Good luck

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Strange, given that Marantz distributes M-S in Europe and uses the company's speakers for development...

I might be wrong but I doubt they use the 902i's as a development tool. I certainly would'nt.

regards

seashell

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
thats all great...but any ideas on which one of these amps might be better suited? i've seen a lot of positives on both which is why these are the two i'm lookin at.

A

Anonymous

The NAD C325BEE is what was being referred to (I think!)

Couldn't you get some money for your Sony though? I'm sure you could get at least £40 for it, which would increase your budget to the Audiolab - It's light-years ahead of the other amplifiers and it'll drive your speakers much harder and louder than the rest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts