upgrading my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone help me make the right move in upgrading my system. I have a Marantz cd6000ose cd player, Marantz pm7001ki amplifier [these two are linked using a solid silver interconnect], B&W 602.5 speakers and a custom made subwoofer [ originally a tannoy r sub 15] now only powering a 8'' sub.

Any ideas appreciated although I don't want to spend silly money. I have been cosidering the marantz sa7001 cd player.

idc

Hi Ben, I suspect that you have not had much response to your post as the upgrade you have suggested is only a small one that will make an improvement, but buying the 'next one up in the range' should do that. Do you like the exisiting sound, why do you feel the need to upgrade, what music do you listen to, do you want to add a DAC? Hopefull that will get the responses flowing.

matthewpiano

What is it you are not happy with? You have an excellent system there and I think you are going to need to spend considerably more to make any noticeable improvements. Be careful - upgrading does not always lead to happiness.

T

the record spot

The only thing I might suggest is a speaker upgrade - both the speaker and the sub. Your gear - and especially the amp - can take more, but like the others have pointed out, it's maybe worth working out the kind of sound you're after that the current set-up isn't delivering.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou for the reply. yes Iam happy with the sound I have got but can't resist a bargain if I see one so really just after a few ideas for me to consider.I mainly listen to dance music [ Trance & Electro house ] but with the system I've got it really helps me appreciate many different genres. I have been looking at changing my ipod dock [ apple dock ] because I can't bare to listen to it as the music sounds s**t compared to cds. Will an arcam Rdock make that much difference.I love the convenience of ipod but I feel an ipod playing on my set up is like a athelete running the 100m in wellys.

matthewpiano

If you really like the idea of using your iPod and getting the best possible sound, I'd point you in the direction of the Wadia 170 iTransport. Its quite expensive, but I think you'll start enjoying listening to your iPod through your hi-fi. I think an audition is absolutely vital though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts