Upgrading my amp & tuner

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Audiolab 8000a and Denon TU 426RD have served me well for over a decade, but am thinking I might get better sound by upgrading one or both. My budget is 1500. Cyrus 8vs2; Myryad MXI 2080; Roksan Kandy Mk L111; and Primare 130 all get 5 star rating. What do you recommend? I play and listen to almost exclusively classical orchestral and choral music.

Elwyn Jones

A

Anonymous

I think the Myryad would suit your musical taste. ISTR the words "authority" and "scale" being used to describe it.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
ditto. the MXI 2080 is very very good indeed. other brand to recommend with your classical taste are Musical fidelity, Audio Analog and Classe.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, but you did not say if I'd getter better sound than my audiolab.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i would keep the audiolab,i have and have not heard anything to better it.this is my opinion so other members may disagree but the naim nait, roksan kandy and cyrus good amps as they are not in the same league as the audiolab.sorry cant help with your tuner as the leak troughline is the best tuner i have heard so i guess that's my recommendation but my virgin media box suits my needs as i am not a great radio listener.by the way what speakers do you use.all the best,gregory.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ell"]
Thanks, but you did not say if I'd getter better sound than my audiolab.
[/quote]

TBH, only you can answer that. Arrange a demo at a local dealer and take your 8000a down to make the comparison.

A

Anonymous

My speakers are Avalon Symbols (not listed since the Brit. distributers wont send it for review to this mag.... they were quite snooty about it when I enquired).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts