Upgrading a 6 year old setup, need help matching

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Yamaha AX-763 with some Monitor Audio BR5's, the BR5's have been bashed about by the kids dog, and sadly by myself, i stepped on the speaker wires and did some damage, so i went out and bought the Q2020i's and of coarse i know have the upgrade bug

So last night i went and bought a Denon AVRX3000 for £250, could not resist at that price, so now im wondering if i should return and change the Q2020 for better quality speaker? and was going to get the centre speaker to match?

My room is 4mtr x 3mtrs so it not very big, i dont want floor standing spkers as i have to many kids and a dog running around, so i plan to fix them to the wall, i have no clue whats good and whats bad, i rely on reviews user reviews and go from there, but i would love some help as i want to get this right first time and i want it to last me ten years or more

Also want to get a new blu ray player, would perefer it to be denon as i like it all to match, and would like it to be as good playing normal CD's so i dont have to spent £200 on a cd player

Budget for the Blu Ray is £500

Budget for Speakers is £500 if needed

and feed back would be most welcomed

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Can't help with the blu ray player, but I used to have the Q Acoustics 2020is and replaced them with Dali Zensor 3s, the difference was night and day.

If you can wait until after xmas you may get better deals than available now, but Nimtronics are doing the Zensors at £250 at the moment, but only in black or white I think. The matching centre is the Zensor Vokal.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

They were the best speakers I'd had up to that point, but the Zensors are on another level. I'm hearing things I've never heard before, and the bass goes really deep for bookshelf speakers. You would not regret buying them for a second.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

By the way, I wouldn't spend as much as £500 for a blu ray player, you can get something plenty good enough for less than that.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Agree re the bdp. £200 is enough I would say. I had a Denon 2012, I don't rate it at all. Slow, noisy poor firmware, and no Smart facilities of any note. My Sony BDPS570 is an old player but I've never had a disc refuse to play, it wi fi, and has really good online features.

Id buy a Sony player (or panasonic) every time ahead of Denon.

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well the Dali Zensor 3 arived today and the are much better than the Q2020i's with out a doubt, very happy i swapped them now, much better everything, even at low volume, thank for the recomendations and pointing me to the cheapest place to buy them, spot on fair play.

Now do i get a deicated CD player and Deicated blu ray player or do i get an all in one soloution like the Maratz 7007?

Or do i get the Sony BDPS7200 and the Marantz CD6005

Currently have a panasonic BD120 and aging Pioneer DVD 868 avi for my CD collection,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts