Upgrade to musical fidelity M3I or not?

RS0882

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

So I found a musical fidelity m3i that could replace my marantz pm8003. I do have to say that I like the sound of my marantz and MA RX1 combo, and I'm wondering if this will present a worthwhile upgrade as specs are very similar.

I listen to a range of music from blues to jazz to electronic and like a forward sounding amp, have chord rumour cables that add to this but hope that the rx1 and m3i won't push it too far forward. Any views are very, very welcome!

Thanks,

RS

A

Anonymous

I have not heard the m3i, i have read some good reviews where the amp has impressed, i suspect it would sound very nice with your rx1s and really get the best out of them, you need to demo the amp and see for yourself :grin:

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
RS0882 said:
Hi all,

So I found a musical fidelity m3i that could replace my marantz pm8003. I do have to say that I like the sound of my marantz and MA RX1 combo, and I'm wondering if this will present a worthwhile upgrade as specs are very similar.

I listen to a range of music from blues to jazz to electronic and like a forward sounding amp, have chord rumour cables that add to this but hope that the rx1 and m3i won't push it too far forward. Any views are very, very welcome!

Thanks,

RS

Cant help but to notice that you like the sound of Marantz and MA. So why do you need the upgrade? Is there something lacking with the Marantz and MA combo?

Nevertheless, here is the review I wrote when I demoed the amp...http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/musical-fidelity-m3i-integrated-amplifier-review

A

Anonymous

The M3i is better than your PM8003 but I think it's not good enough to worthwhile.

You'd better to save money for a future real upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS