Upgrade to get best from speakers

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi,i was talking to a man in my local hifi shop about my setup and he reckons my speakers are capable of much more.Any thoughts? Kef iq5 se with Nad 315+515 combo.

A

Anonymous

tosh:Hi,i was talking to a man in my local hifi shop about my setup and he reckons my speakers are capable of much more.Any thoughts? Kef iq5 se with Nad 315+515 combo.

Okay... the provenance of my opinion....

I have not heard KEF IQ5SE... although I want to...

I have not heard the NAD 315...

I have not heard the NAD 515...

but

on a theorectical level... from what I have read, the pricing of the various bits of kit and having heard the difference between mid priced and upper mid priced (£300-£1000, I have no experience above that) bits of kit...

I agree with the man in the shop.

Perhaps put yourself forward for that thing that they do in the magazine where they come around with bits of juicy kit and demo it?

A

Anonymous

OK - so HE thinks they are capable of more, so sounds like he thinks you could have better front-end equipment to drive them .....

DO YOU like the basic sound?

If so, then either ignore him, or if you're up for seeing what more they can do, take them to his (or another) shop or get some home dems to see if he's right!!

MOST speakers are capable of more than we get from them, as most speakers don't have £50k+ worth of kit driving them - BUT it's all a case of how much is worth spending on more CD/AMP etc before the speaker starts being the limiting factor......

Do you have a budget in mind of what you would spend to make it worthwhile for you??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts