Upgrade Roksan Radius

Jahvelvet

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently have an old Roksan Radius mk1 which has developed a sag so am going to have to replace it. It has a Roksan Tabriz Zi tonearm which I was considering keeping to use on a new turntable as it still seems to be a fairly good arm. Any suggestions as to whether this is a good idea and to which possible turntables I should be looking at? I'm thinking of a budget of up to £2000 and would consider used too if it was the right thing

Jahvelvet said:
Hi all,

I currently have an old Roksan Radius mk1 which has developed a sag so am going to have to replace it. It has a Roksan Tabriz Zi tonearm which I was considering keeping to use on a new turntable as it still seems to be a fairly good arm. Any suggestions as to whether this is a good idea and to which possible turntables I should be looking at? I'm thinking of a budget of up to £2000 and would consider used too if it was the right thing

Keep the tonearm as its very good. I'd be looking at a second hand Roksan TMS turntable if you can find one or buy the new Radius 5.2

What cartridge do you have?

Jahvelvet

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply- always loved the thought of a TMS but still seem to be a fairly hefty price! Cartridge is a Roksan Corus black body with a Corus silver stylus.

Jahvelvet said:
Thanks for your reply- always loved the thought of a TMS but still seem to be a fairly hefty price! Cartridge is a Roksan Corus black body with a Corus silver stylus.

I used a Tabriz tonearm on an original Radius 5 once, the trick is to find one without the standard Nema arm fitted.

You could also look at Inspire Audio or Analogue Works decks and mount the Tabriz on those.

Nice cartridge by the way.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Now thats one good looking bit of kit, especially the dust cover!

3.2.1.01.-stabi-s_zpsnmytg0jr.jpg

Jahvelvet

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick update- I was bidding on a Roksan Xerxes 10 but lost out, however I ended up buying the SME V arm that went with it- oops but it was so lovely! Have now totally gone mad and tracked down a Michell Orbe to do it justice so it'll be beans to eat for ages and a Roksan arm for sale in the near future!!

Jahvelvet said:
Just a quick update- I was bidding on a Roksan Xerxes 10 but lost out, however I ended up buying the SME V arm that went with it- oops but it was so lovely! Have now totally gone mad and tracked down a Michell Orbe to do it justice so it'll be beans to eat for ages and a Roksan arm for sale in the near future!!

Very nice combo, and I don't mean beans on toast. :)

Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts