Upgrade Rega Exact2 Cart on built-in SUGDEN A21ai S2

Sorry, not heard the Exact 2 cart, but have been reliably informed by my Rega dealer that ClearAudio is a good option to Rega offerings. I know that Nagaoka carts have a keen following on here, and Al ears, Stevebrock, Floydie... can give you a full low-down on this make.

Hope this will be of some help.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
IMO the Nagaoka carts really are so much better than the Rega offerings - I have owned the Exact and even the MP110 was better than the Exact and I did actually run one on my RP6.

If you can afford one the MP200 is a signifacantly better cart over the Exact, nice bas detail and not too fatiguing on the treble - just a lovely smooth performer!

I have never heard the Exact 2 but from experience of other Rega cartridges, and other peoples reviews of it, I would say that the Nagaoka range (MP200 or 300) are going to be significant upgrades. At a push you might like to try the Ortofon 2M Black but this can sometimes be a bit 'bright' in some systems but might be tamed somewhat by the Sugden.

How much were you thinking of spending?

After the above I'd be looking at more expensive Moving Coils if your budget / Sugden's input will allow it.

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I would like to know the Best cartridge for Sugden A21ai bult-in MC/MM Phono stage with ProAc Tablette.Could you let me know? My TT is Rega Rp6, current cartridge is Rega EXACT2.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
kazuhito said:
I would like to know the Best cartridge for Sugden A21ai bult-in MC/MM Phono stage with ProAc Tablette.Could you let me know? My TT is Rega Rp6, current cartridge is Rega EXACT2.

We have replied to you - we need to know what budget ( £ ) you have?

kazuhito said:

You will need to source one or more of the suggestions. As this is such a subjective hobby/interest, some may prefer one brand while others with a nod towards another make.

IMO, there's little between carts within the same price band.

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ALL,

My budget £500, How about Nagaoka MP300?

I can get the Nagaoka MP300 it costs £250 here, in Japan.

Is there nobody wants Nagaoka MP300 in UK? :dance:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Thanks ALL,

My budget £500, How about Nagaoka MP300?

I can get the Nagaoka MP300 it costs £250 here, in Japan.

Is there nobody wants Nagaoka MP300 in UK? :dance:

If you can get a Nagaoka MP300 for £250 then this would be a massive step up from the EXACT

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
If you can get a Nagaoka MP300 for £250 then this would be a massive step up from the EXACT

He may be trying to flog you one Steve. Pop over to the Wam in 2 channel and read the OPs sig ,note different budgie anaw.

Ah , Op beat me to it by 3 minutes.

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I can get a Nagaoka MP300 for £250.

I am able to send brand new MP300 to you from Japan, only cost it for about £250 plus shipping.

BTW, I have one qestion regarding VTA, does Rega RP6 need any spacer for fitted VTA using NAGAOKA MP300?

PLS let me know.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Yes, I can get a Nagaoka MP300 for £250.

I am able to send brand new MP300 to you from Japan, only cost it for about £250 plus shipping.

BTW, I have one qestion regarding VTA, does Rega RP6 need any spacer for fitted VTA using NAGAOKA MP300?

PLS let me know.

I have one, but apparently it is not needed however you might be arse up on the arm - mmmmm change in bass??

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ALL,

I have gotten the Nagaoka MP200.

This cartridge is fantastic! Great detail, balanced frequency response. But I want pretty much Body!!!

Now the Nagaoka is brake-in. How long dose it take the Nagaoka brake-in? VTF?

:cheers:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Thanks ALL,

I have gotten the Nagaoka MP200.

This cartridge is fantastic! Great detail, balanced frequency response. But I want pretty much Body!!!

Now the Nagaoka is brake-in. How long dose it take the Nagaoka brake-in? VTF?

:cheers:

around 10 hrs

i found VTF around 1.6g the best - i did try 1.9-2.0g but it sounded not as crisp on treble

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts