Visit site
Hi all,

My current system is as follows:

Roksan Kandy K2 AMP
Arcam CD73T CDP
B&W 685 Speakers
Chord Carnival SilverScreen cable
Atlas Equator (MK1) Interconnect

As it stands I think my system sounds quite nice but I was wondering what sort of benefit I would get from replacing the Interconnect with say an Ecosse Nu Diva? I would ideally like to reveal a bit more detail but not add anything to the bass because it is already very capable in that department. Am I going to achieve any noticable improvement by replacing the interconnect?

Also, could anyone give me an idea on how much of an improvement I would get by replacing the CD played with a Cyrus CD6SE? Would it be a night and day improvement? I'm not looking to upgrade this just yet but I would be interested in hearing opinions on how much better it is compared to my current CDP.

For now though I would be happy to spend some money on a better inconnect if it could offer me some improvement?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO you'd be best to partner the Chord Carnival speaker cable with a decent Chord interconnect (a Chord Chameleon for example) or a Van Den Hull 'The Wave'.

Also; the Cyrus 6SE CDP is good but it wouldnt be night and day compared to the Arcam. The Cyrus is more forward over the Arcam but the Arcam is smoother and punchier IMO.

If it were me with that system; i'd be looking at changing the CDP for a Rega Apollo, upgrading the interconnect to one of the above and possibly looking to change the speaker cable to Chord Rumour 2 or Chord Odyssey 2.

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
You have a good system and as i have never found much improvement from my systems from upgrading interconnects above the VDH 'Name'. I would go next for the speaker cable and try the Chord Odyssey, Rumour or Epic which i did get a nice clarity and bass definition upgrade from.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses. It seems that there is an awful lot of doubt as to whether better interconnects make much difference, if this is the case then why are there such expensive interconnects available - surely it can't all be smoke and mirrors?

I will look into upgrading my cable, but not sure my system could do chord epic the justice? Maybe the chord odessey would be a better choice?

Anyway, thanks for the advice :)

TRENDING THREADS