Upgrade from SqueezeBox Touch

bcostacurta

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all,

I'm currently using a SqueezeBox Touch + Cambridge Audio DacMagic.

Rest of my system is ampli NAD 326BEE and B&W DM 560.

My listenings are Jazz vocal and pianos via JazzRadio and SKy.FM (both with premium account to have better feeds quality).

I might considering upgrading my system to the Cambridge Audio NP30 or NAD C 446.

Does a such upgrade worth ?

Will it offer gains regarding the musical qualities and fonctionalities (user interfaces ..etc..) ?

Thanks for your feelings.

Bye,

Bruno

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
If you're happy with the SBT in use and usability, then I wouldn't swap it. You'll definitely lose features and probably won't gain sound quality

nads

bcostacurta said:
Hello to all,

I'm currently using a SqueezeBox Touch + Cambridge Audio DacMagic.

Rest of my system is ampli NAD 326BEE and B&W DM 560.

My listenings are Jazz vocal and pianos via JazzRadio and SKy.FM (both with premium account to have better feeds quality).

I might considering upgrading my system to the Cambridge Audio NP30 or NAD C 446.

Does a such upgrade worth ?

Will it offer gains regarding the musical qualities and fonctionalities (user interfaces ..etc..) ?

Thanks for your feelings.

Bye,

Bruno
Get rid of the DacMagic.

bcostacurta

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all for the advices.

Indeed the replacement of my speakers B&W DM-560 is already planned.

Probably I'll choose the B&W 684.

However I'm surprise by the advice of getting rid of the DacMagic.

I'm using it, my feelings are the sound of the SBT is definitely better with the DacMagic.

Bye,

Bruno

nads

bcostacurta said:

I'm using it, my feelings are the sound of the SBT is definitely better with the DacMagic.

Bye,

Bruno
as is always said go with your ears.

I used to use mine with the old Squeezebox classic and there was a big improvement. But the difference to me with the SBT was not worth it. Better? To me no.

Some reading

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/testing-sb-touch

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/dacs/squuezebox-touch-with-or-without-dac

And some pictures

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/your-squeezebox-touch-set-up

SDIESEL77

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Some people says that the DacMagic is not bringing any positive effect with the Squeezebox Touch compare to using directly the the SBT Dac, I have to say that IMO, the DACMAGIC brought a significant improvement in terms of details and medium.

I am using the Squeezebox Touch with the Toolbox 3 and both the SBT and the Dacmagic are powered by a linear PSU and after comparing the sound with and without the Dac the difference was significant enough to keep the Dac instead of selling it. :bounce:

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
bcostacurta said:

Bye,

Bruno

Why these particular speakers? Did you audition enough different designs and models to arrive to these or are you just thinking 'same b&w but bigger/more expensive'?

My advice would be - before you get fixed on a model and spend your money make sure you have understood and tried a lot of different options and know exactly what you want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts