Upgrade from Sony S363 blu-ray player

markvh1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Sony S363 blu-ray player which as part of my recent upgrade bug I am thinking of changing. What would I be looking at to spend to start seeing and hearing a definite improvement in quality on the S363. We are very pleased with the S363 and are not bothered about 3D capability but I suppose this may come as standard anyway. The replacement doesn't have to be a Sony. We have a Pioneer VSX-920-k AV (see list below for kit). I have also just added the MA GSW-12 sub.

Ta

markvh1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
TV is a Sony Bravia KDL-40W5810. Speakers are Monitor Audio Radius 270HD, 225HD, 90HD and GSW-12 sub.

Ideally I wouldn't want to pay over £300. So would I be able to get a better blu-ray player for that sort of money?

You won't find a significant improvement in blu-ray 1080p/24 pictures. However, if you're looking for a superior DVD upscaler, there are better upscalers in the market. Audio shouldn't be much of an issue for you as you've got the brilliant Pioneer receiver to decode audio.

What's your budget?

A

Anonymous

In other words would the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 or DMP-BDT310 be better than the Sony S363 that I have got now?

A

Anonymous

The Pana 210 and 310 are essentially the same except for the dual HDMI output on the 310. If you are HDMI 1.4 compatible then you only need the 210 and a lovely piece of kit it is.

TRENDING THREADS