Precision

Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
My current 5.1 setup:
- 1 Sonos Beam, as front/center.
- 2 Sonos Play One, as surrounds.
- 1 Sonos Sub.

My thinking:
I am quite happy with its performance when watching movies. What I also like with Sonos is their flexibility of use, scalability options, usability, formfactor and size. But I am not very impressed when listening to music with the Beam&Sub combination (although mostly streamed from Spotify). So, I do not want to leave their ecosystem entirely, but rather investigate ways of improving from what I have.

Thought 1:
To sell the Beam (and perhaps the Sub) --> instead invest in the Sonos Amp to drive a pair of small and good bookshelf speakers for around 500 EUR. Which speakers would you recommend then? Pro's and Con's?

Thought 2:
To sell the Beam (and perhaps the Sub) --> instead invest in the Sonos Port and a pair of small and good active bookshelf speakers? Which speakers would you recommend then? Pro's and Con's?

Or is it at all any good idea to build on such a "hybrid" setup?

The listening room is about 6x6 m, furnished as a "standard" living room, and the system is used daily by entire family (hence the importance of e.g. being easy to stream to from Spotify, quite easy to place and nice to look at...)

Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts