Upgrade from Proac D18`s to D28`s ,worth it ?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have an opportunity to upgrade my Proac Response D18 speakers to the D28`s for an additional outlay of about a grand. I really like the sound of the D18`s and wonder if the change would be more of the same only better ?

Anyone have experience of the D18`s v the D28`s ? What extra do you get for the difference in price of around £1300 between the two ?

basshound said:
I have an opportunity to upgrade my Proac Response D18 speakers to the D28`s for an additional outlay of about a grand. I really like the sound of the D18`s and wonder if the change would be more of the same only better ?

Anyone have experience of the D18`s v the D28`s ? What extra do you get for the difference in price of around £1300 between the two ?

Hi basshound

As good as D18's are however in short they sound they sound small and muffled in comparison to the D28's. The main improvements D28's offer is by having a deeper, tighter and faster bass, clearer mid range and with a more open sounding treble.

Btw, i've had excellent results pairing ATC's CA2/P1 amplification with ATC's new curved SCM7 and curved SCM11 monitors and Focal's new Aria 926's. Based on this i would recommend also considering the Aria 926's, Aria 948's and the forthcoming new curved SCM40's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
basshound said:

The D28 are quite a different speaker to the D18 in my opinion, and it isn't a case of 'more of the same'. The biggest difference for me is bass and midrange performance. Bass is deeper with much better presence, and higher frequencies sound more natural due to the larger HF unti that is used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts