Upgrade from Diamond 9.0 speakers?

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Hello all. I'm looking for an upgrade to the Wharfedale Diamond 9.0's I have (bought on WHF recommendation btw). They are nice enough, but I can't help think they are the weakest spot in my (albeit modest) system. They just sound a little flat.... My front room is small and volume levels do not go too loud from my NAD 320BEE, so tone quality/clarity is everything to me. I have nice Ecosse speaker and interconnect cables, and they sit on Atacama stands so I haven't spared on that area. The source is either DVB radio via my Panasonic TV, or a Limit DVD800SE (Cyrus tuned model, but will be replaced by Azur 540D V2 after reading Octobers WHF review ;) ).

Based on the facts that I need standmount speakers that are not much bigger than the Diamond's, and sit close to a wall (so have to be front ported ?) I wondered if the Q Acoustic 1010's are sufficiently better sounding to be worth buying? They seem to be highly regarded, but are they much better than the Diamonds?

Any help appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Better, yes, worth upgrading to, probably not, as the gains will be relatively subtle. I'd be thinking in terms of Monitor Audio Bronze BR2s as offering the smallest worthwhile step up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts