Upgrade cables for Naim / Spendor set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading the latest 'Ultimate Guide to hifi', it dawned on me that all the cables I have were the ones sold to me by the Naim dealer and that other makes as mentioned 'Atlas' speaker cable could offer an improved sound. Please could you recomend an upgrade path for speaker cable and interconnects for my system comprising of Naim DVD5, HiCap/82/250.2 and Spendor S6e speakers. I prefer my sound to be not to bright, prefering warmth and smoothness.

A

Anonymous

I have a cyrus amp, and i use only "Van der Hull" cable.

I tested all kinds of coppercables but these silvered cables sounded best.

I dont know how atlas will sound but Van der Hull is my standard cable.

For interlnks the same, Van der Hull c5 bay, forgive when the name is not right.

southdownswolf

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Duboracle:
I have a cyrus amp, and i use only "Van der Hull" cable.

I tested all kinds of coppercables but these silvered cables sounded best.

I dont know how atlas will sound but Van der Hull is my standard cable.

For interlnks the same, Van der Hull c5 bay, forgive when the name is not right.

Van der Hull? are they a cheap knock off of van den Hul?

A

Anonymous

As my system cost circa £9K, should I really be spending £ 900 or 10% on cables as recomended. My current cable running from the DVD5 to the Pre-Amp is Chord Crimson and Naim speaker cable from the power amp to the speakers. Is the van den hul in the appropriate price catogory ? or does the 10% rule not apply all the time ie law of diminishing returns ?

A

Anonymous

Got I feeling the last England cricket loss, may be the same score as the next England rugby loss !!! Still I,m sure the team players are truly gutted as they cash in their losers pay check of £ ,ooo's

Anyway, what cables should I be looking at ??

A

Anonymous

Really do recommend Kimber 8TC, or if that is too pricey 4TC. Great detail, openness and warmth.

A

Anonymous

Stick with the NACA5...Otherwise, the Naim police will be around...

If you really want to step up on the interconnect front, give the Hi-Line a home demo whirl...ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts