Upgrade Advice

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My system comprises: Marantz PM6003 Amp. NAD 5325 CDP. NAD speakers. Chord Carnival speaker cable. Crimson Plus interconnects. I intend to upgrade speakers and have auditioned many and shortlisted MA RX1 and Dynaudio DM2/6. My dilema is this; I really like the sound of the RX1's but reckon the Dynaudio's are a cut above. However, I'm unsure if my amp is capable of getting the best out of the Dynaudios. Please advise? Do I buy the Dynaudios and upgrade amp later on (maybe the Yamaha AS500)? Do I buy RX1's and maybe upgrade CDP later on? I also intend adding a turntable at some point. My listening room is quite small 3.5m x 2.5m. My music tastes are mainly Blues, Rock, Jazz. Thanks.

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
gangus said:
My system comprises: Marantz PM6003 Amp. NAD 5325 CDP. NAD speakers. Chord Carnival speaker cable. Crimson Plus interconnects. I intend to upgrade speakers and have auditioned many and shortlisted MA RX1 and Dynaudio DM2/6. My dilema is this; I really like the sound of the RX1's but reckon the Dynaudio's are a cut above. However, I'm unsure if my amp is capable of getting the best out of the Dynaudios. Please advise? Do I buy the Dynaudios and upgrade amp later on (maybe the Yamaha AS500)? Do I buy RX1's and maybe upgrade CDP later on? I also intend adding a turntable at some point. My listening room is quite small 3.5m x 2.5m. My music tastes are mainly Blues, Rock, Jazz. Thanks.

Any advice on this one?

Thanks

matthewpiano

The Yamaha is a sideways step from the Marantz. I've owned both, and what you will be doing is trading one set of qualities for another. The Marantz is exceptional at low volumes, and has a very cohesive sound which is easy to listen to for long periods of time. The Yamaha has more power and will drive loads better, particularly as you wind the volume up, but it does lack something at low volume levels.

It depends what your priorities are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts