Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm having a bit of a dilemma. Currently i have the following setup
- Panasonic tx-p42g10
- samsung bd-p1580
- onkyo tx-sr307
- onkyo sks-ht528
- digibox for digital tv

Now i'm looking to update my setup and already found a buyer for the blurayplayer and one for the receiver.

For the blurayplayer my current idea is to buy a panasonic dpm-bd65. its quite nice for that price 145€ / 118£

For the receiver i still doubt between the onkyo tx-sr608 (475€ / 390£) and the denon avr-1911 (450€ / 370£)
I'm currently having an onkyo and i'm pretty satisfied of it.. It also has more hmdi connections and reviews tell me thats the best product (in that price range). The deno on the otherhand has a nicer look + usb

The buyer of my onkyo is also intrested in my 5.1 system. So maybe i gonna sell that to. I looked around a bit and the next sets seems to be quite nice.
- q acoustics 1000
- KEF KHT1005
- canton 150-qx
But do i gonna hear a great improvement between one of those set and my current onkyo. Or is it not worth the money and should i better keep the sks-ht528.

Price idea :

max 200€ / 165£ for blurayplayer
max 520€ / 450£ for receiver
(maybe) max 610€ / 500£ for surround set

A

Anonymous

Blu-ray player : Sony BDP-S370

Receiver : Onkyo TX-SR608

Surround sound : Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1

A

Anonymous

can you give me a little more info just why?

And does that surround really is worth buying or is the improvement rather low.

leenorm1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the onkyo,sony and Q acoustics. The new Onkyo is a breed apart from the old ones, it is a truly genuine all rounder a nice spacious sound, plenty of detailed attack,balanced treble , on the other hand the Denon does have the restorer function which is great for ipod etc.At the end of the day its down to your personal preference, read the reviews and decide for yourself. The sony Blu ray player will out perform the panasonic in every way. As for whether you will get an improvement , well it will be different to what you have thats guaranteed , whether you think its worth it , only you can decide.

A

Anonymous

Have been to some shop listening to receivers en surround sets.

Gonna wait a bit longer to buy a new surround set. I listened to b&w mt-25 and loved it but need to spare so more for that.

Receiver:
For the receiver i'm still stuck. Everywhere on internet they advise the onkyo, but in the local shops around here they advise the denon. The avr-1911 seems to have MultiEQ and thats a great improvement above the 2EQ in the onkyo.

The onkyo seems to be running quite hot. Not sure if the 608 still has this as theres a fan build in.But in my setup i don't have a lot of place arround the receiver.

4.JPG

Blurayplayer:
If i check the specs i don't see any different (except usb connections) between the panasonic and the sony. What makes it play that much better? Also don't have any experience with sony and its a brand i don't really have confidence in

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Stampertje,

NEVER stack ANYTHING on top of your receiver, whatever the make. It has ventilation ducts on top from which it needs to breathe!

Your amp will cook very soon if you continue doing what you do in the picture!

Ronald

A

Anonymous

i know it's not good. but i don't have room to put it anywhere else. and bluray players + digibox is smaller then receiver so i can't put them under it.

Or i should look for a onkyo dv-bd507 blurayplayer. currently i can buy it for 160£

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Stampertje,

You have vertical space - use two pieces of wood about 3cm square and length equal to the depth of your amp to raise the equipment above it to provide room for ventilation. If you paint the wood black you will not notice it. I have boxes stacked several high and separate them all like that and never had an overheating problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts