Universal remote for Marantz amp?

1986matt

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have a Marantz PM6004 amp and the volume buttons on the remote are starting to fail. I'm having a hard tme finding a replacement remote that isn't very expensive so I was wondering if a universal remote would work instead? I've spent hours trying to find the right information on various forums but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I've heard that Marants publish the IR codes to enter into a universal remote, but I can't work out where to find this information. Can anyone help? Thanks

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARANTZ-RC003PM-ORIGINAL-PM6003-PM7003-PM5004-PM6004-REMOTE-CONTROL/263550935198?hash=item3d5cdc209e:g:1V0AAOSwdGJaqldr

not too badly priced, probably cheaper than a logitech harmony.

*music2*

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a Logitech Harmony 350 and it lasted a week before I'd had enough and it had a 'chat' with my lump hammer. It kept losing its settings and the crap software is flakier than a Cadbury namesake. I went back to One For All.

paulkebab said:
I had a Logitech Harmony 350 and it lasted a week before I'd had enough and it had a 'chat' with my lump hammer. It kept losing its settings and the crap software is flakier than a Cadbury namesake. I went back to One For All.
I've had Harmony remote since 2009, never had any issues. Logitech Harmony support is excellent and sorts issues within 24 hours.

Besides, it doesn't appear as if one for all directly supports Marantz PM6004. This is the message I get:

"The model you entered does not result in a code from our database, or it belongs to a device that is not supported by your universal remote.
If you are sure the model number you entered is correct, please contact our Customer Service."

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
the older and/or more expensive models are OK but I couldn't justify the money. Mine met the hammer when it turned the amp volume up..and up..thankfully it didn't get to 11. The learning mode on the One for all is far simpler, no software involved.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
With external IR triggers. I keep the two supplied triggers sitting under my sofa, facing the media cabinet. And though there is a included remote, I control everything from a tablet running the logitech app.

It controls everything beautifully. The TV, roku, bluray player and the AVR too. Never had to touch any other remotes so far :)

paulkebab said:
the older and/or more expensive models are OK but I couldn't justify the money. Mine met the hammer when it turned the amp volume up..and up..thankfully it didn't get to 11. The learning mode on the One for all is far simpler, no software involved. 
I have a Harmony 300 as well (along with Harmony Elite), no issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts