Universal remote.................but which one?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
OK, so now we have a remote for each of the following;

Yamaha amp

Sony tv

Denon dvd player

Sony BDP

Sky HD

which I think is a bit of an overkill!!!

Also complaints form OH (do we need all of these etc etc)

So, what is out there and what is good, bearing in mind that I am a complete technophobe...............so programming must be simples?

A

Anonymous

They're all good. You just have to connect to the Logitech site and download the codes. Check before you buy, though, to make sure you each of your devices is supported.

I have the basic Harmony 300 but you'd need a model up from this since it only works with 4 devices.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I have sung the praises of my Harmony One on here many times. It has been the key to making the whole HT experience enjoyable for the WHOLE family (thereby making it much easier to justify more expensive purchases!!!)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The 555 works for me - can be picked up occasionally much cheaper than the One so worth a look - you miss out on colour screen (do you need a colour screen on a remote control?) and rechargeable battery, but you could always use rechargeable AAAs instead - I just use regular ones and they last a good few months. It also has the four coloured buttons in physical form rather than having to use up buttons on the screen for them which could be important if you have a device which uses them extensively.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Logitech Harmony 555 will do all you want and more - up to 15 devices. Logitech customer support is superb. Works for me

Cheers

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Crossie:
Logitech Harmony 555 will do all you want and more - up to 15 devices. Logitech customer support is superb. Works for me

Cheers

Thanks again for the info

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts