Unison Research Unico

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with this hybrid integrated amp? share with me please....
I kinda love to own it, but recently i read a review from hifi forum (not WHF) this Italian have reliability problem

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
We've reviewed four Unison Research amps lately (they're all on the site) and found them all expressive devices, though not without a few shortcomings.

We've had no reliability problems at all, despite them being a bit more complex than yer average integrated amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your prompt reply Simon. But i cant find the 'Unico' model on the site (only Unico 100). How about the sound quality? Is it better than Kandy L3?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
The Unico was replaced last year by the Unico Seconda (£1200 or so), but the Unico P (£800-ish) continues - naturally, because it's the review you're interested in, it hasn't made it on to the site just yet.

We gave the Kandy Mk L.III a Product of the Year gong last year, so obviously we prefer it as an all-rounder. The Unico P has a brilliantly fluent, articulate midrange, though, so if you value a characterful vocal over everything else you'll give it a long, hard listen.

And it's safe to say we didn't have any aggro with our Unico P when we tested it at the start of 2006.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
AudioSyok: How about the sound quality? Is it better than Kandy L3?

Yes...imo. It has smooth sound but not boring. Not the most detail amp but you wouldn't miss it in the right system. Look stunning too. I heard it with Triangle speakers which I thought together they sound excellent.

A

Anonymous

thanks thaiman...
i'm on my way to get it (waiting my current amp to be sold first)

A

Anonymous

Dear experts,
i have to prolong this thread rather than create a new post. The question is UR Unico vs Copland CSA28 which is better. today i went to hifi shop just to check on my new amp to-be (Unico) but the dealer gave me another option of hybrid amp (copland), we did a head to head test but i didnt notice a different maybe due to limited time of testing, but Copland look stunning and solid. Now i really need your help before the decesion been finalised.
thanks..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts