UK spec TV working in Switzerland?

chrishare

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at the possibility of taking out a UK model Samsung Freesat TV (the KU6400 6 Series looks to be favourite at present )to a rental property in Switzerland.

At present, we have an old Sky box hooked up to a dish which works, but hardly ever gets used. I have tested a Humax Freesat box, which works very well.

My question is – will the digital terrestrial tuner work in Switzerland? The local terrestrial TV service is pretty good, with some UK (BBC/ITC/CH4) channels, as well as a broad range of European channels, and the local Swiss ones.

I have asked a few of our neighbours, and the range of answers are from – it doesn’t work to it works fine. Asking in shops over here hasn’t been that productive.

My logic is that Samsung develop one TV for Europe, and tweak the software for different countries/markets (the Swiss version appears to be UE40KU6400UXZG) with different model numbers.

​Unfortunately, we need 2 identical TV's for aesthetic reasons, so if they dont work, it could be expensive, as we have no use for them here in the UK. One option would be to buy one here, and one there.

Grateful for any expertise/experience.

jjbomber

chrishare said:
I am looking at the possibility of taking out a UK model Samsung Freesat TV (the KU6400 6 Series looks to be favourite at present )to a rental property in Switzerland.

My sister used a UK TV in Holland. Officially it will not work as it was a different scart and different sound system. In reality it worked perfectly well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts