Tweeters clipping or not?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Playing the Chili Peppers on my system this afternoon, I noticed a scratchy sound from the tweeter, coinciding with the electric guitar solos. Seeing as the volume was less than half on my RA-04, it seems unlikely that that was the sound of clipping in progress. The whole disc is poorly recorded, so maybe that's the problem?

Any thoughts welcome.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
What album? If it's 'Californication', then it could well be the album. I remember a couple of years back a sound engineer said it was the worst recorded album he'd ever heard. Full of distortion.

A

Anonymous

bretty:What album? If it's 'Californication', then it could well be the album. I remember a couple of years back a sound engineer said it was the worst recorded album he'd ever heard. Full of distortion.

I think even Joe Public can tell that's an awfully recorded album, even when played on a £5 Alba AM Radio!

Although, be careful dude with that Rotel - 12 o'clock (half-way) is literally full power. Any more than that and it won't get louder, it'll just distort more!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Good guess: "Californication" it was indeed. The sound is bl***y awful. I'd heard it years back played through a BMW's "Business" system, and that didn't sound half bad - that says much about the car's stereo.

Hughes, thanks for your tip about the Rotel - it seems to corroborate what I've found. I have never used the thing beyond 12 o'clock anyhow, as at that position the SPL becomes unbearable in my smallish room. It was probably at 10-ish when I listened.

TRENDING THREADS