Tweeters burned up

Stefff

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
My tweeters burned up:eek: after a bad noise like a electric discharge that I heared from the speakers (i suddenly turned off the power amp); the coil and membrane were changed, but the repairman didn't even check the crossover because now the speakers now that have been repaired, are working; it seems strange to me, however, that capacitors, resistors or inductors have not suffered damage ... what do you think? Thanks!!

manicm

My tweeters burned up:eek: after a bad noise like a electric discharge that I heared from the speakers (i suddenly turned off the power amp); the coil and membrane were changed, but the repairman didn't even check the crossover because now the speakers now that have been repaired, are working; it seems strange to me, however, that capacitors, resistors or inductors have not suffered damage ... what do you think? Thanks!!

You don’t mention what speakers they are. Because metallic tweeters are very robust, unless 8 year old fingers start poking in them as happened to me.

Years ago speakers were fused iirc, but I think somebody suggested that impaired the sound. Obviously it costs more, but you rarely see it today. (I noticed a fuse yesterday on a Magnepan, but they’re not conventional cones or domes)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts