TVonics DTR-FP2500 or Topfield TF5810PVRt with Panasonic TH-37PX80B

tom_mk

Dec 27, 2007
Visit site
Time to finally make the plunge and buy a new PVR. The question is, based on recent reviews, which one should I go for. I guess that the question revolves around what device should to the scaling, the Topfield has a HDMI connection, and therefore I am assuming, scales the image before it is sent to the screen. The TVonics has a SCART output and therefore the Panasonic does the scaling.

The Topfield does cost significantly more, but higher cost doesn't always mean significant better quality. I'm also aware that the TVonics is said to have a slightly strange (green) UI/on screen menu.

The ultimate question is, which combination is likely to produce the best results? And are there any other Freeview options I should be considering?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
go for the Toppy - its a great piece of kit - i bought one pretty much on release day before any of the reviews because of the strength of previous models - its has a few minor issues like anything but they are minor - i need to update some of my firmware as well but you won't be disapointed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts