Panasonic TH-37PX80B problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a problem with the 'guide' on my Panasonic TH-37PX80B plasma TV.

The guide only turns on when on BBC1 (and that's a bit hit or miss), on any other channel the screen goes blank for a second then switches back to that channel.

Also when I am in the guide it will only show the first page of channels, when you press the 'page down' button or if you try to scroll down to the next page the guide turns off and the tv channel comes back on!

It will go forward 24hours and back as normal, but only for the first visible page of channels.

This only started happening last night and is still happening this morning, and is doing my head in!

Anyone else ever come across this? Could do with a fix pretty soon as xmas is aproaching rapidly.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I have 2 of these and this started happening on both of mine last night too.

I can only get the guide on BBC1?

Going forwards, as soon as I get to BBC 3 it switches back to the TV and going backwards I can get to ITV 3 and then it switches to the TV?

It surely must be a fault at the "Guide" end and not the TV but any advice or comments would be useful.

A

Anonymous

Phew! Glad to hear its not just mine then! Thanks for looking into it Clare, any news?

A

Anonymous

Got the same problem with mine plus a mate has the same glitch. Doing anything with the guide is a pain in the butt.

Thanks for looking into this Claire!!

A

Anonymous

Mine were working this morning and are still working now.

Thanks Clare

A

Anonymous

I saw this on another forum which said that it would probably be fixed from midday today (Tuesday 9th).

Seems like there was some sort of bug in the EPG download that scuppered the guide from being displayed on the first 10 channels.

Boo.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Here's the detailed reponse from Panasonic onwhat went wrong and why:

"This problem was caused by a programme event in the EPG on BBC FOUR. The event was called "Growing Babies" and was broadcast on 08.12.08 from 23:40 to 00:40. The reason the EPG reacted in the way it did (exiting to running audio/video) was due to a memory management problem in our software triggered by the programme event. This bug has not been identified until now.

Now that the programme event in question has passed, the EPG is working correctly again.

Details of the problem are as follows:
- The data for each programme event in the EPG is stored in flash memory.
- The problem only occurs if the size of the stored data is exactly 4Kbytes, 8Kbytes or 12Kbytes in size (in the case of "Growing Babies" it was exactly 4Kbytes)
- This problem is only present on 08 and 09 models.
- A software fix has now been created, and is currently being reviewed.
- This fix will be included in 09 models from launch and downloaded to 08 models as soon as possible.
"

So now you know!

A

Anonymous

Bizzare. Even more so that having had a v similar problem on Monday evening I turned everything off at the wall, waited 5 minutes, turned on again and it was all fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts