TV switching problems.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can't get through to Panasonic's helpdesk, and I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Denon HC amp and BR, a Panasonic TV and a Foxsat HDR. The TV set intermittently cuts the picture that's being shown, though it will usually revert after a few seconds. When this happens, there's that audible click of a relay as happens when changing input, so it seems to me that the TV thinks it is being told to change input. The sources are connected by HDMI to the Amp, which is connected to the TV by HDMI. When just using the TV and BR, and with Foxsat disconnected, I seem to have no problems, so I wonder if it's a problem with the Foxsat or its lead. I've changed the HDMI, and whilst better, the problem is still there. I'm wondering if it's the Foxsat.

That said though, I've disbled HDMI control on TV and amp, so I can't see how a signal caused by a fault in the Foxsat or its cable can be sending a trigger to the TV to cause it to contemplate changing input. The amp shows no signs that it is being told to/telling the TV to do anything.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, because I can't seem to narrow this one down logically, and I don't want to spend money unnecessarily. It's also getting on my moobs mightily, and I don;t want to break anything...

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Oh, I've tried using a different HDMI input on the TV. Seemed to help but the problem hasn't gone away.

A

Anonymous

Hi.

Both TV and box are HD, and it doesn't seem to be linked to adverts at all. Has happpened whilst watching C4HD, BBC2 and whilst watching Shooting Stars that had been recorded on the Foxsat.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Don't know then. I thought it may have been switching between resolutions.

Have you tried by-passing the amp and plugging the HDMI direct in to the TV?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts