TV Lightning

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:The safest way is always to unplug the aerial if there's going to be a storm.

Don't forget to have the butler clear the silverware away Andrew and the maid to cover the mirrors !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Why trouble the daily staff when one employs a lightning boy for just such an eventuality?

Anyway, yes the Ikea lights are fine - I did test a more sophisticated system made by a company called Illuminaire a while back, but I'm not sure whether it's still available.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Why trouble the daily staff when one employs a lightning boy for just such an eventuality?

Anyway, yes the Ikea lights are fine - I did test a more sophisticated system made by a company called Illuminaire a while back, but I'm not sure whether it's still available.

I think that should be 'person' to be PC Andrew. Anyhow got to go the chauffeur's just pulled out front.

TTFN old pip.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, when the lightning boy is a boy, what's un-PC about describing him as such? Political correctness gone mad, I tell you!

And I'd advise you to have a word with your chauffeur about pulling out his front - there are laws about that these days, and it does so frighten the horses...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Surely the postillion could double up as the lightning boy - after all they have experience in being struck by it?

CM7:

Hi all ,

What do you think about IKEA dioder lightning solution ?

is it good enough ? or do you recommend other ?

Thank you

To answer your question, I've got the IKEA dioder (check my home cinema pics). Looks quite nice & is relatively inexpensive. Just make sure that your TV is close against the wall, otherwise you won't get a good effect.

A

Anonymous

Thank You !

im gonna get the ikea solution - its around 40 euros - looks good enough , just hope it works well ...( need to reduce the hurt eyes senstion when watching tv in dark room - i guess it is what people call "eyestrain"

Thanks

A

Anonymous

On a serious note -

Are they a source of RF interferference ?

I take it the wire will be unshielded and they must contain some electronic control module.

I don't know if I would want to introduce something so close to my screen that could have an adverse effect.

Any thoughts ?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Agreed, no problems with the Illuminaire - or so Roderick, the lightning boy, tells me...

Phew !

I thought there was another Roger joke coming then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts