TV lighting question for bigboss (and anybody else who can help)

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
It was mentioned in the DVE Blu-ray, something about the 6500K colour business. I watched movies in complete darkness, but that effected black levels, I use a lamp now, but it's too bright. I know that special bulbs are available, but I like the look of these LEDs.

Both the options are perfect! In fact, you can even fade them, which I can't!

SnowyJohn, these lights significantly reduce eye strain as compared to watching movies in total darkness. They're also inexpensive, so there's no harm in going for them. You don't have to keep it switched on all the time.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
SnowyJohn:May I ask, why would lighting on the wall behind a screen benefit the audience? Cinemas don't have the wall alight.

But then cinemas project light/the picture onto a screen, whereas TVs are a light-source themselves...

Far less eyestrain watching a projector than a TV in a dark room
emotion-21.gif

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Claire, my cousin and I did a marthon of films on the weekend on my projector (12 films in total....) and not once did our eyes hurt (that was on a 80 inch screen 5-6 feet away!!!), well maybe due to lack of sleep and tiredness...
emotion-4.gif

Though those lights do look pretty cool, also don't cinemas have ambient light in the room?

A

Anonymous

My TV has Ambilight and I wouldn't be without it. Not only does it reduce eye strain but it also draws you into the action on screen. I don't know how that works. Before I'd witnessed it I thought it might be off putting, but the exact opposite is true. The Ambilight changes colour depending on the colours on screen mind you. If its just a constant colour you might not get the same benefits but the reduced eye strain is worth the effort in my experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts