Tv: Hisesne 85U7KQTUK Soundbar SAMSNG HWK 950

Uktvuser

Oct 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi a few question from a uk user

I have the 85U7KQTUK , hooked up to a Samsung hwk 950 dolby atmos Soundbar , have sky stream , apple TV 4k latest gen and firecube 4k latest gen

Set up 1 - streamers into Soundbar

My initial set up was 2 hdmi 2.1s into DA Soundbar from two streamers (focusing on firecube and sky Puck for ease ) and HDMI eARC (TV) TO Arc (Soundbar )

Result
1. Visuals I coukd olay I got HD , HDR , HDR10 & HDR10+
2. Sound I got DOLBY ATMOS
3. When using direct streaming apps on TV No Dolby Atmos or connection to Soundbar unless switching to Bluetooth

Badges never popped up top right hand corner of screen to state i was receiving anything ie DA or DV

Also Strange thing , and I've had this for some time , somehow I seem to have forced most feeds to kick In the blue light of the dolby atmos and give me an atmos based sound , it was good , no matter the feed . Any tips on how I did this if anyone can guess !? I'm sure it related to forcing kodi to acknowledge dolby atmos output.

But the issue here is with this set up I'm not getting dolby vision BUT I do get Dolby Atmos

So set up.2. Streamers into TV - firecube and sky Stream via hdmi 2.1 TV eARC to Soundbar ARC

Result
1. Visuals I got HD , HDR , HDR10 & HDR10+, and this time also DOLBY Vision (Dolby vision to me seems brilliant)
2. No DOLBY ATMOS at all., possibly dolby digital plus ? Limited back speakers but no blue light or message on Soundbar indicating dolby atmos playing.
3. TV streaming apps performed same as firecube and sky stream stating dolby atmos.Badges showing dolby vision picture but definitely no dolby atmos.Output or blue light on Soundbar

Can anyone help me get dolby atmos & dolby vision ...otherwise I'm back to set up.no1 losing dolby vision because lack of atmos and rears kicking in just lessens the film more vastly for me than the differential between hdr10+ than dolby vision. But I do really think DV takes the image on this TV to another level.

Help please

Thanks all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts