tv aerial

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
hi can any one recomend a good internal aerial to hook up to my play tv. reception is not great in my area but i did not no as i have been using sky from when i first moved in so when i hooked up my play tv(mostley to be used to stream to my psp not for waching on plasma)it was rubish.any feed back would be handy ty.

daveh75

Well as the reception is poor in your area an inside aerial isn't going to get good results, and i would look to getting a proper outside aerial fitted! though if reception is very poor then the results may not be that great either. But i'd consult a "local" installer who will know how good a reception your likely to get and what equipment will be required to get it

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
yeah got an external but its not great and as im renting dont want to pay out weird thing is in the bedroom got a one for all and reception is great well ok at least

A

Anonymous

If you have loft space above your room and acess install an 18 elememt yagi-uda style antenna/aerial.

Do a search for any manufacturers are in your area. If so, and some deal with non trade, I know of one in Bristol, this would cost approx £10.

Bung it in the loft small 7mm hole in the ceiling that can be plugged later, drop the coax down to the receiver.

Try to point the antenna through the direction of the tiles rather than brick walls and direct for best reception.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thanx for advice but because of the shapeof my house it would be a long run two floors and two rooms across.not a problem but as im renting i cant make any holes or fixings.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
yeah i got one with two in one arial out and it does little if anything to help.could it be that play tv tuner is just pants?

daveh75

do you mean it has one aerial input and two outputs? The other issue with aerial amplifiers is if they are fed with a really poor signal to start with they'll boost all the rubbish too

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
sorry yeah one in for ariel two outputs for tv and ps3.its hard to tell what the amplifier is doing because when i get signal the pic is ok.but on the play tv it just has a blank screen with no signal message i no its getting some kind of signal cos when i remove the lead from the wall point i lose the now and next info

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Ask the landlord to install a new aerial. Maybe meet him half-way with the costs?

When I bought my current home, it had a loft aerial which was rubbish, (all it's doing now is FM duties for my Onkyo, and it seems fine for that). I had an external aerial and two points fitted, for £140 all in. That was 6 months ago and the picture is great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts