Turntables of the Vinyl type.

nads

Ok the old kit is in storage (well who throws out old kit) and new has been bought except for the turntable. the phono stage i have an may change later (so lets pretend it is not matter). new is below, music taste all over the place. Old turntable was an SL-DD33 (remember them?) the cartridge will be a Grado Gold to get back into the collection. So i was looking at the Pro-ject RPM 9.1. Why? well the looks more than anything.strange i have this dark tower of Mads just sitting there with the odd bit of technics and a bit of JVC trying to find their way back in but for the top of the tower (well figuratively) i would like something that has looks as well as works well. my main issue is sourcing it in Sweden as there is no way i would part with £1000 over the net! But i will be back in the UK over Xmas and i guess i will be bothering a lot of HiFi shops trying out different makes/models i may even buy! So thoughts on Turntables for 1K not including cartridge or phono stage?

nads

Gregory thank you and no thanks ;)
i had almost made up my mind but the first webby i look at has a whole lot of wonders of form over function i now do not know!

well more looking to be done.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"]Old turntable was an SL-DD33 (remember them?)[/quote]

I had a friend that bought one. The sound was awful compared to my Thorens so It's a good idea not to use it now.

nads

[quote user="Keith McAlpine"][quote user="nads"]Old turntable was an SL-DD33 (remember them?)[/quote]

I had a friend that bought one. The sound was awful compared to my Thorens so It's a good idea not to use it now.[/quote]

for me 20 odd years ago it was ok. but now.... it is just taking up space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts