Turntable upgrade

trebor1594

May 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi Guys n dolls

So i want to upgrade my TT . Currently its a Rega 1 with a Rega 220 tonearm -a Rega 2/3 glass platter and an ortofon blue cartridge . I keep looking at Linn lp12.s on Ebay -such a lot of different specs - or should i just go for a modern TT ? Im looking to spend around £2000 .
Im using a Rega mk 3 phono amp at the moment -so may have to figure in a new pre amp if i want MC ability . Music i listen to is varied but no classical or jazz .

Hi Guys n dolls

So i want to upgrade my TT . Currently its a Rega 1 with a Rega 220 tonearm -a Rega 2/3 glass platter and an ortofon blue cartridge . I keep looking at Linn lp12.s on Ebay -such a lot of different specs - or should i just go for a modern TT ? Im looking to spend around £2000 .
Im using a Rega mk 3 phono amp at the moment -so may have to figure in a new pre amp if i want MC ability . Music i listen to is varied but no classical or jazz .
Second hand LP12s can be a nightmare, steer clear unless buying from a dealer near you that you can pick up yourself. For that sort of money I would go for new.

Reactions: DougK1

trebor1594

May 18, 2024
Visit site
Second hand LP12s can be a nightmare, steer clear unless buying from a dealer near you that you can pick up yourself. For that sort of money I would go for new.
Hi - yep im thinking thats the best plan -just keep going round and round with all the reviews . Has anyone got any experience with the Planar 8 ?

daytona600

Linn rabbit hole is 50years old with " new " versions every few month
IMHO New 21st designs Project , Technics , Rega
SL1200GR2 , P6 or X8

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts