Turntable Upgrade - Project to Rega or....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've currently got a Pro-Ject Debut Esprit deck which I've upgraded the cartridge to a Ortofon 530. Having just changed my amp and CD player as part of a system wide upgrade I've now reached a dilemma on the turntable to get. I could get a Rega P3-24 with the external psu and Rega cartridge or wait, save some more cash, and go for a more substantial upgrade - say one of the higher end Pro-jects or ex-demo Roksan Radius. My worry about getting the Rega is it not being a major upgrade on the Debut - leaving me having to spend money on a new deck later on. Or would the Rega have enough upgradeability to really improve on the stock version?

I'm running a Roksan Kandy K2 amp and CD player through AE Neo 3 speakers. The speakers will also be replaced down the line but I'm quite happy with them at the moment.

Any advice would be great!

A

Anonymous

save a bit more and go for the rega p5. the rb700 arm would be a substantial upgrade compared with the rega p2-24 with rb-301 arm.

A

Anonymous

Is the plinth on the P5 going make a lot of difference versus upgrading a P3 to the rb700 arm later?

A

Anonymous

I had a Radius - sold it when I first heard a modified Technics 1210. With the money I got for it, I bought a secondhand Techy, an external PSU and still had some left over for a new tonearm. Been upgrading it ever since, and there's no way my Roksan could touch it in any department. Oh, except looks...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts