Turntable to wifi

aidanjjones

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello all, extremely new to this group. I was looking for some help/advice. I have recently purchased an Audio Technica ATLP5 record deck with a pre-amp. I have a wireless naim muso speaker system. How can i get the record player to become wireless? What bit of kit do I need to purchase. I'm not keen on a bluetooth solution.

My dad gave me a Sonos ZP90 (connect). He believes that this will allow the record deck to become wireless.
My question is - how can I get this to work? Many Thanks, Aidan

aidanjjones said:
Hello all, extremely new to this group. I was looking for some help/advice. I have recently purchased an Audio Technica ATLP5 record deck with a pre-amp. I have a wireless naim muso speaker system. How can i get the record player to become wireless? What bit of kit do I need to purchase. I'm not keen on a bluetooth solution.

My dad gave me a Sonos ZP90 (connect). He believes that this will allow the record deck to become wireless.

My question is - how can I get this to work? Many Thanks, Aidan

He may well be right as the ZP90 has analogue inputs. Need more information on the preamp you mentioned. Presumably a phono preamp? What is it?

If it is a phono preamp you need a pair of interconnects to attatch it to the Sonos, although what next I don't know as I am not upon how you get signal from Sonos to Muso, perhaps someone else has the info.

aidanjjones

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
The preamp is built into the record deck. It doesn't have to be the sonos zp90 that I use. I would like it to be wireless and not Bluetooth

thanjs for your reply

aidanjjones said:
The preamp is built into the record deck. It doesn't have to be the sonos zp90 that I use. I would like it to be wireless and not Bluetooth

thanjs for your reply

You want the turntable itself to be wireless? Not sure you can do this, maybe wrong.

You might do an internet search yourself to see if it's possible.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I really don't know how the Muso works. I can see it's BlueTooth compatible but you said you don't want to go down the BlueTooth route. To cut to the chase, you need to connect the line outs from your AT turntable to something which one way or another will transmit audio to the Muso.

MajorFubar said:
I really don't know how the Muso works. I can see it's BlueTooth compatible but you said you don't want to go down the BlueTooth route. To cut to the chase, you need to connect the line outs from your AT turntable to something which one way or another will transmit audio to the Muso.

I assumed he meant completely wireless Major. It's not going to happen I feel.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
MajorFubar said:

I assumed he meant completely wireless Major. It's not going to happen I feel.

Yeah probably.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts