Turntable & Phonostage Suggestions

Taefarinas

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions/advice, I currently have a NAD C 316BEE amplifier paired with Klipsch RF62 speakers, and am looking for a phonostage and turntable that would fit sonically. I was thinking a Pro-Ject Debut turntable, but have no clue about the pre-amp. What do you guys and gals think?

A

Anonymous

My old project debut had built in phono stage do the new ones still come with one built in

A

Anonymous

My old project debut had built in phono stage do the new ones still come with one built in

jcarruthers

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a Pro-Ject Genie with a NAD and it sounded good — at least I was happy with it.

For phono stages look for something on eBay — I sold a NAD and a ProJect phono stage for about £40 each a while ago — both were great.

Taefarinas

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys,

I ended up buying a Project Debut with the Ortofon OM-5e cartridge from e-bay for about half the price of a new one, still working on the phono pre-amp though. Currently, looks like a NAD PP2 might be the way I end up going.

So, next question...

the NAD C 316BEE with the Klipsch RF62s and the Project Debut with the Ortofon OM-5e what should I do about the RCA cables?

thanks in advance!

Taefarinas

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I am currently living in Germany and Graham Slee equipment is not that easy to come by (but I am keeping my eyes open!), especially since I am trying to get something off of e-bay to save some money. There was a Gram amp 2 communicator that went for 127 euro recently, and that has all I have seen lately from Graham Slee on german e-bay. However NAD, Pro-Ject, and Musical Fidelity phono pre-amps seem to come up fairly regularily. On a more philosophical basis I have always thought of stereo systems as a chain that is only as strong as it's weakest link and therefore buying a super top end phono pre-amp would not help me much with the rest of my equipment, so then the question becomes what phono pre-amp will give me the best results for my system without being "overkill"? Also RCA cables same question: best results without overkill.

thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts