Question Turntable+network streamer: is it worth it?

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Happy Sunday everyone.
I was thinking about getting back listening to my old vinyls, so, considering that, as of now, I don't have space in my living room to set up a "proper" hi-fi system, my choice was connecting a Rega Planar 1 Plus to my DAC/network streamer, a Bluesound Node 2021.
One question: is it worth it, I mean, is the sound coming from the turntable preamp being converted to digital or is it still analog? Is this an option I could consider?
Thanks a lot.
Ps: of course, I still have to buy the turntable and I'm not interested in adding speakers to my current setup (I also have a Muso qb that I use for streaming purposes).

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
I'm not english mother-tongue, guys, so please bear with me.
As for my question, the Rega Planar 1 Plus has a phono preamp that can be connected to the Bluesound via RCA.
I can also connect the turntable to the Mu-so, of course not at the same time.
My question was about the quality of sound I might get and the typology of it: is it analog or digital???

I'm not english mother-tongue, guys, so please bear with me.
As for my question, the Rega Planar 1 Plus has a phono preamp that can be connected to the Bluesound via RCA.
I can also connect the turntable to the Mu-so, of course not at the same time.
My question was about the quality of sound I might get and the typology of it: is it analog or digital???
excuse my humour, more information is required about your set up as the turntable may have a phono preamp but this isn't going to mean you can connect it to the Node as you still need some form of amplification.
The only thing you can connect it to is the Muso, unless you do have an amplifier in your set up somewhere.
Is it the Node or Powernode you have?
I don't understand how you setup works at the moment. what is the Node connected to? Can you explain?

Last edited:

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi again, guys, sorry about all this misunderstanding.
I was quite sure about being able to connect a turntable to the streamer.
It's a Node 2021, which I exclusively use to listen to my music coming from my NAS or Tidal.
The Mu-so is just for when I want to make some noise with the speakers.
As for my question, I've found something like this.
Can you confirm I need some form of amplification?

nads

Ok It might be easier if you link to the node product you have as is sounds like you have a PowerNode that does have analogue intputs? Then if your turntable has built in phono amp the just get the correct cable.

Hi again, guys, sorry about all this misunderstanding.
I was quite sure about being able to connect a turntable to the streamer.
It's a Node 2021, which I exclusively use to listen to my music coming from my NAS or Tidal.
The Mu-so is just for when I want to make some noise with the speakers.
As for my question, I've found something like this.
Can you confirm I need some form of amplification?
exactly the question... What are your speakers and do you have an amplifier?
You haven't answered these questions.

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Guys, as I've written before it's a Node 2021. I use it only to listen to my favourite music through headphones, if I want to use the speakers I use the Muso-qb.
This is the product I'm talking about.
Thank you very much.

Gray

Guys, as I've written before it's a Node 2021.
(y)Sorry, yes you did mention that in your original post.

To listen to it 'properly', you've got a choice:
You can either connect it to your Muso QB, or you can buy an amplifier and speakers to use with it.
The Node has a choice of analogue or digital outputs for the purpose of connecting it to amplifiers or DAC / amps.
To connect to your Muso using all analogue connection (as you wished) connect as follows:
Planar 1 Plus line out > Node 'Analogue In' > Node 'Audio Out R L' > Muso 'Analogue In'.

All you need to do it is 2 of this type of cable (in lengths of your choice).
Take no notice of the word 'digital' printed on the plugs it's meaningless.

If you'd prefer to buy an amp and speakers, just say and we'll advise on connection.

Last edited:

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Thanks a lot, guys. As someone else said, the alternative could be represented by using a Bluetooth turntable (was thinking about the Pro-Ject III Essential BT) which can be easily found on eBay (not available on Richersounds anymore).
Of course, the sound, on a setup like this, would be digitally compressed, but do you think I'd notice any differences while using a Bluesound Node and wired headphones like Austrian Hi X-50????

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
[UPDATE] I've just received this message from the official Bluesound web support:
"Hi Andrea,
Yes, you can connect your turntable to the Bluesound NODE directly by using an RCA to 3.5mm cable and plugging it into OPTICAL/ANALOG IN port".
Mmm, can you please help me understand?

Gray

[UPDATE] I've just received this message from the official Bluesound web support:
"Hi Andrea,
Yes, you can connect your turntable to the Bluesound NODE directly by using an RCA to 3.5mm cable and plugging it into OPTICAL/ANALOG IN port".
Mmm, can you please help me understand?
Yes.
They've just told you.....what I told you....in post #16 above.
The bit where I said:
Planar 1 Plus line out > Node 'Analogue In'
using one of these to do it:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts