Question Trying to pick speakers to go with old LP12 and new Rega io amp

Rhiggins

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Pleased with new Rega Io and old lp12 still working well. I have some very old linn helix speakers and Dali royal menuet but neither are working for me. Can’t go and listen to anything so just reading reviews.
thinking about B&W 606 or Linn Majics. Have a 4m x 8m room with high glass roof.

Ris101

May 16, 2020
Visit site
I run a set of b&w 706 with my rega elex-r. Sounds great, detailed warm sound! Before I used a set of b&w 685s2, also good.
I demoed loads of speakers and got to say I really like the combination.

Reactions: Rhiggins
I presume you have stands for them.
What's your budget?
Maybe second-hand is the way to go if you cannot audition, that way if you don't like them you can sell them on at little loss.
You need speakers that work well in your room rather than trying to match them to an amp that will work with the majority of cheaper speakers anyway.
Are you in UK?
When you said you do get on with your other speakers what was missing?
How will they be placed in that room, how far away from rear walls can you get them?
Consider floorstanders?
Sorry for all questions but it's extremely tricky to make suggestions on speakers when you cannot get to audition any.
The B&W's may be a good choice as they are heavily discounted at the moment.

Reactions: Rhiggins

Rhiggins

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Helix's are on their stands and so are the Dali's.

Helix's are sounding thin and lack bass - which is weird. Going to check the cables are ok. They are now in my living room about 6 inches from the wall.

To be honest wife would like something that looks better now they have moved from my study.

I'm in the UK and a dealer is going to lend me some 109's to try this week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts