True HD - no sound from rears

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Watching Spiderwick Chronicles on Blu ray with daughter. Onkyo 606 amp showing True HD on display but sound only coming from centre, front left & right and surround left & right. Nothing from rear surrounds. Does this mean I can only listen to True HD soundtrack in 5.1 & not 7.1 and if so, why is it coming from surround L & R instead of rear surrounds.

A

Anonymous

Do you know why it's coming from surround L & R and not rear surrounds.

Messiah

Rear L and R are only used for 7.1.

A standard 5.1 setup uses Surround Left and Right. When the formats were upgraded as it were to 6.1 and 7.1 these channels were added to the back between the other rears - more llike the front soundstage.

A

Anonymous

Just to add - your L&R Surrounds should be between 60 degrees and 90 degrees from your rear centre line i.e. they should be at the side and slightly behind you, or at the most level with you.

I always though they would be ok to the L&R but slightly in front until I did a bit of reading up.

A

Anonymous

If I switch to either PLIIx or Neo 6 to get sound from all speakers will I still be getting the full benefit of the True HD soundtrack?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Yes - select PLIIx and the processor will direct any sounds which occur simultaneously in the surround channels to the rears. ÿIt should give you a better surround effect and can be left on all of the time on your amp, whatever the source.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

By the way, my daughter thought the soundtrack was great.

Now watching Golden Compass with DTS HD MA soundtrack which is automatically coming from all speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts