Transformers the last night

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve just brought Transformers the last night on blu-ray and I’ve got to say I am so impressed with the picture quality & sound quality

if anyone thinking of waiting to buy it on 4k blu-ray I wouldn’t bother because the picture quality is the best I’ve seen and the fact that the disc will do Dolby atoms as well .

I like the Transformers films the special effects are amazing and I always look forward to a new release

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I liked the first and second parts. Then everything became too predictable for me. However I like watching SciFi movies for the graphics and the superb audio. But johnwick is a exception for me. Haven't seen part two yet. Will wait till my Atmos setup is complete at my new place, to enjoy it proper :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I still don't have a 4k player. Iam streaming everything from Google movies and Netflix in normal hd. And my LG TV does the upscaling. The video quality is good enough for me. No complaints there. If any of you have been in my position, and then upgraded to a UHD player, can you please tell me if the difference in video quality was worth it. Thanks.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
newlash09 said:
I still don't have a 4k player. Iam streaming everything from Google movies and Netflix in normal hd. And my LG TV does the upscaling. The video quality is good enough for me. No complaints there. If any of you have been in my position, and then upgraded to a UHD player, can you please tell me if the difference in video quality was worth it. Thanks.
I will be totally honest

i feel buying the Oppo was the right choice because it’s so good at picture quality I do own 6 titles on 4k blu- ray but when you compare the latest Transformers film I really can not tell the difference between that and a 4k film .

but where the Oppo makes it worth while is that it does a good job with older films and DVDs which I like because it’s upscaling blu-rays , DVDs and you are also getting the best sound possible .

i personally do not think 4k films are really worth the money they are which here some titles are £25 or more but noticed on amazon some of the prices are dropping to £20 but when you can buy blu-rays for as little as £4.50 - £15 it’s worth buying then because the Oppo upscales the picture .

so I will carry on buying blu-rays and only buy 4k films if I really like the film a lot even though I own a 4k player .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
newlash09 said:
I will be totally honest 

i feel buying the Oppo was the right choice because it’s so good at picture quality I do own 6 titles on 4k blu- ray but when you compare the latest Transformers film I really can not tell the difference between that and a 4k film .

but where the Oppo makes it worth while is that it does a good job with older films and DVDs which I like because it’s upscaling blu-rays , DVDs  and you are also getting the best sound possible  .

i personally do not think 4k films are really worth the money they are which here some titles are £25 or more but noticed on amazon some of the prices are dropping to £20 but when you can buy blu-rays for as little as £4.50 - £15 it’s worth buying then because the Oppo upscales the picture .

so I will carry on buying blu-rays and only buy 4k films if I really like the film a lot even though I own a 4k player .

Maybe 65 inch or larger should.be noticeable

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I have just started out with actually buying dics through friends. So dont have a big collection as of yet. Hence the dilemma wether to buy a player and start collecting physical media again.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
the ability (at the moment) to carry Dolby Atmos and DTS-X soundtracks that your Marantz decodes.

I've heard that Netflix has a very limited selection in Atmos (don't know if you need the 4k option to access it) and apparently Amazon's 4k service has the ability but as yet no content.

Neither service has the ability to send DTS-X soundtracks.

so imo disc is the best option.

*music2*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
newlash09 said:
I will be totally honest

but where the Oppo makes it worth while is that it does a good job with older films and DVDs which I like because it’s upscaling blu-rays , DVDs and you are also getting the best sound possible .

Maybe 65 inch or larger should.be noticeable
The trouble is that when you see those lovely 4k stills and 4k nature documentaries that have been recorded in 4k they look amazing picture quality .

and I expected films to be like this but they are not as 4 of the films I own on 4k blu-ray are not the latest films that have come out this year they were made 5 or 6 years ago well before 4k came out but they are still sold as 4k so I wouldn’t of thought they were proper films filmed in 4k just converted to 4k

but I do have kong island on 4k which is a modern film but it’s how it’s filmed it’s made to look older because of the storyline were it was set in the 1970s so I’ve not really got a 4k film yet that shows off 4k quality probably as I own battleships , terminator genisys , Independence Day on 4k but theses films were made years ago except battleships .

i am not sure Andrew that screen size comes into it comes down to how good the TV is with picture quality I might be wrong

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
newlash09 said:
I will be totally honest 

but where the Oppo makes it worth while is that it does a good job with older films and DVDs which I like because it’s upscaling blu-rays , DVDs  and you are also getting the best sound possible  .

I totally agree

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts