Tranparent Speaker Cables

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
if you're looking for transparent speaker cable check out Dynaudio OCOS. on Dynaudio webpage in OCOS section you can downoad white papers. it's a abot 10-page .pdf document. if you really care you should download it, read it, understand it and make decision if you want to take the plunge or not. OCOS is not really budget level but in comparison to some exotic cables manufacturers' pricing they seem to be dirt cheap :)

SDIESEL77 said:
Has anybody ever tried any Transparent Speaker Cables and if so, what's your opinion?

never heard of them until today. I took a look at their website and what they write about their products. and for me it seems to be one big BS. lots of pseudo scientific babble without any sensible meaning. it usually is a sign that what they do is trying to sell "snake oil".

I also see that they add some magical boxes in the middle. in most cases it indicates using some sort of zobel network. what it does is suppressing unwanted ultrasonic information from the sygnal. where it sometimes might be useful i.e. it might be a life saver in overly bright systems, in systems with balanced freq response it simply sucks the life out of music. I stay far away from any inventions with misterious boxes in the middle of the cable.

if you want to learn something about electronics I'd recommend "audioholics" web page. there's "university" section with loads of articles (some of them very techy) about how it's made. I tell you, they are written by people with much greater knowledge about these things then anyone on this forum will ever possess. read some of them and it may save you some money too ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts